Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1/5/10

This is one of my favorite spots in the summer - it's always quite festive and full of life. Not so today - but it was still striking in its desolation. With over 24" of snow in three days - and no end in sight - the outside is treacherous - but beautiful. In a few days all of this snow will turn slushy and dirty. In a few days, I'll no doubt be cranky and irritated that it is STILL here (it's come to stay for a long while - this is the Great Lakes, after all). But for now - I'm taking a few days to appreciate its beauty - because I know it'll be fleeting!


3 comments:

Tonkamom365 said...

beautiful!!! We lived in Buffalo for 3 years. I agree, the snow is pretty for a couple of days. Then it's dirty and gross. LOL

Kristi said...

You caputre the best feelings in your pictures (even the ones without people). I want to go there now!

Kristi said...

You capture the most beautiful feeling in your photos (even the ones without people).